Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Plastic World

<p>Having spent some time walking the rocky shoreline Waiehu side of the Kahului harbor, I always am interested in the various things that float to shore. Beyond a lot of drift wood, there is always a collection of nets and just about every kind of plastic item you could imagine.<br>
I did attend a talk on the plastic gyre in the pacific and while I had read and seen enough to know the size and implications of it, I thought of it as a lone congregating point and the only one.<br>
Today I came across the 2010 South Pacific Gyre Expedition site, (see the link), and realized it was just one of four out there.
I don't have a lot to say on the matter right now, but since I was thinking about it I thought I would pass it along and let others also reflect on it.
http://www.algalita.org/voyage/2010-south-pacific-gyre-expedition.html:

No comments: